If you’ve recently been limited by an injury or suffering with a more minor injury for a while - it’s very easy to think of it as “nothing to worry about” and being in pain or unable to perform as you want is just you have to put up with.
It can be very easy to get frustrated, wondering if you’ll ever be able do the things you used to do…
If you feel like this, you’re not alone - we see people going through this all the time. In fact, we see struggling with sporting injuries at our Cherry Creek clinic every day year round...
We see a huge variety of sports injuries and after we find out about the injury we start their rehab as soon as possible.
This is completely the opposite of what most people do or hear, and is why so many people suffering with a sports injury are asking themselves:
“Why am I STILL Suffering and Not Able to Play the Way I Want to?”...
Most people think and read that after a Sports Injury it’ll get better with a few days rest, and they will be back to normal quickly. But when they exercise again they find out something is still wrong and sometimes it’s even worse than it was when it first started. Many times when you rest there will not be any pain, but when you start your favorite activity again there is your old nemesis again limiting what you can do.
Does That Sound Like You?
Something else we hear in our Physical Therapy Clinic is when people go to the Doctors, they get a prescription of rest, painkillers, and maybe a brace and “come back in a couple weeks if it’s not better”. When they end up going back to the same Doctor again because the injury isn’t better, they are given MORE rest, and ANOTHER prescription of pills.
The problem is that when it comes to sports injuries rarely is complete rest the best advice.
You may be confused and frustrated because you’ve been told different things, by different people. There is no shortage of incorrect information available making the matter even more difficult to figure out.
Sports injuries are frequently misunderstood because usually where the pain is coming from, ISN’T the area that needs to be addressed. On top of that if you rest for too long you will loose some of your abilities and miss out on great opportunities.
The confusion over when to rest and when to be active makes most people hesitate on making a decision on what to do to help fix their injury and return back to exercise. Even Worse, many people just start thinking ‘their days of being active are over’ - or ‘it’s just a normal part of aging’.
Is That How You Feel Too?
If You’re Currently Frustrated And Living With A Sports Injury, Here’s 7 More Reasons Why It Could Be Lasting Longer Than It Should:
1. “Dr. Google’s” advice was confusing and didn’t help
2. The Doctor’s advice of rest, painkillers, and a support didn’t get you any closer to exercising without pain
3. Someone told you that Sports Injuries happened to everyone as they get older, so you just accepted it
4. You visited other Healthcare Professionals or a Physio in the past, but nothing they said or did seemed to help
5. You’ve tried YouTube exercises and taping, but nothing seemed to help
6. You tried rest, but as soon as you start getting back to your sport there is the pain
7. Sports massages, helped you feel better for a little while, but didn’t help to fix your injury long term…
If any of these have happened to you - we would love to help you by inviting you to book a call to talk with one of our Physical Therapists in our Cherry Creek Physical Therapy Clinic to find out what can be done to help you. The fact that you’ve tried any or all of these things already is actually a GOOD THING because when you know what doesn’t work - you are closer to finding the thing that does!
Click the link below to book a call with us if you would like to get some solid advice given to you over the phone. The phone call is complimentary and there is no obligation to book any appointments with us after the call is over. Our goal is to help you make the right decision about what to do next for the best.
Well, here’s 4 things you can do:
1. First off, you need to make a decision about getting help. So many people hesitate to make a decision for so long, and before you know it 6 months down the line they’re still putting up with it, nothing’s changed, and they still aren’t able to do what they want to do how they want to do it... Or it gets worse and and not able to participate at all.
2. Next, do the RIGHT exercises - one of the best things to help you recover quickly and safely from an injury is to do the right series of progressed exercises for your specific injury - the right exercises given to you by a Physical Therapist will help reduce pain, and allow you to move easier and get back to playing quick - and make sure that the problems don’t come back any time soon.
3. Avoid “too much rest” - while early on rest is an important part of the recovery process, too much rest can set you back. Most people think that total rest after injury is the best idea. However, for an injury to quickly recover optimal blood flow is needed, which rest prevents. It would really help if you were given appropriate recovery and strengthening exercises to heal the injury, alongside hands-on treatment, to get you active and healthy again as quickly as possible.
4. Get real, “hands-on” Physio - Physical Therapy is proven to help people with Sports Injuries. In fact at KinetikChain Denver we help people recover from Sports Injuries every day we are open all year round. If your injury is stopping you from playing and keeping active, if it’s affecting your job, or if it gets in the way of spending quality time with family and friends - Physical Therapy can help get you back to living the life you deserve as quickly as possible.
If you would like to know how the Physical Therapy team at KinetikChain Denver can help you return to being active as quickly and safely as possible - we invite you to start with a completely free, no-obligation, risk free appointment at one of our clinics call (720-651-0674) or book online.
So the next question is:
How Can Choosing To See A Physical Therapist at KinetikChain Denver, Help You Get Rid Of Your Sports Injury For Good?
We can quickly take away the pain and stiffness to help you move the way you want to move - often inside a couple of sessions
We can figure out the root cause of your injury so you know what’s really going on- often inside 20 minutes
Pain can “drain” you of energy and make you slow and sluggish. We can help you to enjoy a restful deep sleep that will help you energy levels.
We will “fix” your pain and make sure you are moving well and the way you want to. We will provide you with the perfect set of pinpointed exercises specific to your issues in order to speed up your recovery
We can help you avoid painkillers
We can help you avoid unnecessary surgeries and injections
We can help you keep out of the Doctor’s waiting room
We can help you get back to enjoying quality time with family and friends that your injury has stolen from you...
Basically… the Physical Therapy Team at KinetikChain Denver can help you get back to living the life you want to live and help you return to the exercise you love
If you want to know what it costs - and what availability we have at our clinic Cherry Creek then please call (720-651-0674) or book online.