Neck and Shoulder Pain
When it comes to living with Neck and Shoulder Pain, everybody we see wants to know:
“What’s going on with my neck and shoulder?”...
“Why am I still suffering with neck and shoulder pain after putting up with it for months - sometimes more?”...
“Can I still workout, lift weights, ski, run, hike?”
Because you have likely had many non serious injuries in the past that have went away on their own most people think that this time will be no different. But the fact that your reading this says that this time there is something different. Unfortunately the pain has stuck around and in many cases even worse than when it started.
Does That Sound Like You?
Another scenario we see all the time in our physical therapy clinic is when people go to the Doctors, and the Doctor tells them to “rest and try these painkillers”. Then several weeks later, when they go back to the Doctor because it hasn’t got any better, they are given ANOTHER prescription for MORE rest and MORE pills. This approach is so frustrating and not only explains the opioid epidemic, but explains why so many people are still suffering from chronic neck and shoulder pain instead of getting back to doing what they love to do.
Has That Ever Happened To You?
Maybe you are confused because you’ve been told different things, by different people. Maybe you think you have a neck problem and tried several things to help it, but it’s actually a shoulder problem? Determining where the problem is coming from in this confusing part of the body can be very difficult. Wanting to better understand what is going on many times leads people to put off making a decision about what to do to help fix their Neck and Shoulder pain. Worse, many people just end just accepting it as ‘a normal part of life’ or a ‘normal part of aging’.
Is This How You Feel?
If You’re Currently Living With Neck And Or Shoulder Pain, Here’s 7 More Reasons Why It Could Be Lasting Longer Than It Should:
1. “Dr. Google’s” advice was confusing and didn’t help.
2. You went to the Doctor who told you to rest and take painkillers - but the pills just temporarily masked the pain and didn’t help you get back to what you want to do.
3. Someone you know told you that everybody gets Neck and Shoulder pain as they get older, so you thought it was normal and just accepted it
4. You visited other Healthcare Professionals or a Physical Therapist in the past, but nothing they said or did seemed to help
5. You’ve tried some “Youtube” exercises or taping techniques that didn’t do much.
6. You thought it would be a good idea to rest because your Neck or Shoulder pain was so bad, but it still keeps you from doing what you want to do
7. You tried massages hoping that would fix the pain, and they did for a bit, but didn’t do anything to fix the problem long term…
If any of these have happened to you - we would love to help you by inviting you to book a call to talk with one of our Physical Therapists to find out what can be done to help you. The fact that you’ve tried any or all of these things, means that we know what doesn’t work - which means we are closer to finding what DOES. Call (720-651-0674) or book online today!
The next thing people ask us all the time is this:
“What Can You Do To Get Rid Of Neck/Shoulder Pain?”...
Well, here's 4 things you can do:
1. First off, you need to make a decision about getting help. Many people have put this off hoping it would get better on it’s own, but then several months later it is still bothering them...Or it gets worse
2. Next, do the RIGHT exercises - one of the best things to help you ease your neck and/or shoulder pain is to do the right series of progressed exercises - the right exercises given to you by a Physical Therapist will help reduce pain, and allow you to move well again quick - and make sure that the problems don’t come back any time soon.
3. Avoid sitting and sleeping in awkward positions - ever had a stiff neck after a long time behind a computer? Or, after a long day spent sitting felt tightness in your shoulders? That’s because sitting or sleeping in poor positions can be one of the most irritating things you can do for neck and shoulder pain. It would really help if you were given appropriate strengthening exercises for better posture, alongside hands-on treatment, to get you active and healthy as quickly as possible.
4. Get real, “hands-on” Physical Therapy - Physio is proven to help people with neck and shoulder pain. In fact at KinetikChain Denver it’s one of the most common issues we see. If your neck and/or shoulder pain is affecting your job or sleep, if it stops you from keeping active, or if it threatens to get in the way of spending quality time with family and friends - Physical Therapy can help get you back to living the life you deserve as quickly as possible.
If you would like to know how the Physical Therapy Team at KinetikChain Denver can help you live with less neck or shoulder pain - we invite you to start with a completely free, no-obligation, risk free appointment at Denver clinic in Cherry Creek, call (720-651-0674) or book online.
How can choosing to see a Physical Therapist at KinetikChain Denver, help you get rid of Neck and/or Shoulder pain?
We can quickly take away the pain and stiffness - often inside a couple of sessions
We can get to the root cause of your neck and shoulder pain so you know what’s really going on - often inside 20 minutes
Pain can “drain” you of energy and restful deep sleep - we can help you to enjoy a great night’s sleep so you can feel fully rested
We will “fix” your issues and make sure your body is moving properly - and you will be given specific pinpointed exercises that will speed up your recovery
We will help you to get off of those painkillers, which obviously are not a good long term solution
We can help you get a restful night’s sleep that will have you energized the next day
We can help you avoid injections and unnecessary neck and shoulder surgeries
We can help you keep out of the Doctor’s waiting room...
We can help you to get back to enjoying the quality time with family and friends that neck and shoulder pain has stolen from you...
Basically… the Physical Therapy Team at KinetikChain Denver can help you get back to living an active life free from neck and shoulder pain
If you want to know what it costs - and what availability we have at our Denver clinic in Cherry Creek, then please just call (720-651-0674) or book online.