If you’re suffering from painful or achy knees, - it’s very easy to think that it’s “just something that comes with age”, it’s a bit of “wear and tear”, or that it’s nothing and it’ll go away on its own.
You may have tried stretching, resting, heat, ice, maybe even just pushing through it - but it doesn’t seem to be getting any better!
If that’s happening to you, you’re not alone - we hear this type of thing all the time. In fact, Knee Pain is one of THE most common problems that we see in our Physical Therapy Clinic in Cherry Creek
And when it comes to living with Knee Pain, everybody we see wants to know the answers to these questions:
“What’s Going on with My Knee?”...
“Why am I still suffering with Knee pain that keeps getting worse after putting up with it for 6 months - sometimes more?”...
“Can I still Run, Hike, Ski, or workout?”
Most people think that when they get Knee Pain, it’ll eventually go away on it’s own. The fact that you are reading this tells me that didn’t happen. You have likely tried several methods to get rid of the pain, but then before you know it 6 months went by and you’re still living with the discomfort of knee pain - often even worse than it was when it came on.
Does That Sound Like You?
Another scenario we see all the time in our physical therapy clinic is when people go to their Doctors, and the Doctor tells them to “rest and try these painkillers” and “come back in 6 weeks if it’s not any better”. The crazy thing is that when they go back 6 weeks later after that advice didn’t work and looking for new advice they are prescribed even MORE REST and MORE PILLS, and maybe if they get a knee brace.
Has That Ever Happened To You?
You have likely heard different advice by many different people who are all trying to help. The problem is their advice isn’t working and many times the advice is conflicting with everything else you are reading or hearing. Maybe you think you have to rest because you think you may be doing real damage, or that you should be doing ‘this exercise’ and ‘that exercise’ to make it better.
It’s very confusing to know exactly what to do - and sometimes that’s just to prevent it from getting worse!
Because of this confusion it’s not uncommon that people put off trying to find a real real solution. Worse, many times they may hear incorrect advice that knee pain is just “a normal part aging” as if it “has” to be that way, which either frustrates them or gets them down thinking their best days are behind them.
Is This How You Feel Too?
If You’re Currently Living With Knee Pain, Here’s 7 More Reasons Why It Could Be Lasting Longer Than It Should:
1. “Dr. Google’s” advice wasn’t clear and only confused you on what you should do.
2. You went to the Doctor who told you to rest and take painkillers - but the pills just ‘masked’ the pain - and as soon as they wore off Knee Pain stopped you in your tracks again
3. A family member, or friend, told you that everybody gets Knee pain as they get older, so you just accepted it
4. You visited other Healthcare Professionals or a Physio in the past, but nothing they said or did seemed to help
5. You’ve tried using things like Knee braces but they’ve done nothing to help make the pain any better
6. You thought it would be a good idea to rest or modify your favorite activities, but you still aren’t back to doing your favorite activities
7. You tried a few exercises from ‘Youtube’ - but they didn’t get you any closer to getting back to your favorite activities.
If any of these have happened to you - we would love to help you by inviting you to book a call to talk with one of our Physical Therapists at our Physical Therapy Clinic in Cherry Creek to find out what can be done to help you.
The fact that you’ve tried any or all of these things already is actually a GOOD THING because when you know what doesn’t work - which means we are closer to finding the thing that does!
Click the link below to book a call with us if you would like to get some solid advice given to you for FREE over the phone. The phone call is complimentary and there is no obligation to book any appointments with us after the call is over. Our goal is to help you make the right decision about what to do next for the best.
“What Can I Do To Get Rid Of MY Knee Pain Quickly?”...
Well, here's 4 things you can do:
1. First off, you need to make a decision about getting help. So many people rest for weeks, hoping that the pain will ‘just go away with time’, but then 6 months down the line they’re still putting up with it, and nothing’s changed… Or the pain gets worse
2. Next, do the RIGHT exercises - one of the best things to help you ease your Knee pain is to do the right series of progressed exercises - the right exercises given to you by a Physical Therapist will help reduce pain, and allow you to move freely, run, and jump again quick - as well as make sure that the problems don’t come back any time soon.
3. Avoid sitting in awkward positions - the truth is, you and I were not designed to sit, we were designed to move. Avoiding or altering awkward positions can help to take pressure of the knees. It would really help if you were given appropriate strengthening exercises, alongside hands-on treatment, to get you active and healthy as quickly as possible.
4. Get real, “hands-on” Physical Therapy - Physical Therapy is proven to help people with Knee pain. In fact at KinetikChain Denver it’s one of the most common issues we see in active people in their 30’s-50’s living with. If your Knee pain is affecting your job, if it stops you from keeping active, or if it threatens spending quality time with family and friends - Physical Therapy can help get you back to living the life you deserve as quickly as possible.
If you would like to know how the Physical Therapy Team at KinetikChain Denver can help you live with less knee pain - we invite you to start with a completely free, no-obligation, risk free appointment at one of our clinics - call (720-651-0674) or book online.
Note: This Free Taster Session is something that we offer to people who are very nervous or skeptical about Physical Therapy - unsure of its benefits or if it is right for them. If that sounds like you, then please start with a free taster session so that we can work with you to find out what is wrong and what can be done - without any financial risk on your part.
So the next question is:
“How Can Choosing to See a Physical Therapist at KinetikChain Denver Help You Get Rid of Your Knee Pain - In The Next Few Days?”
Here’s just a few of the things our Physical Therapy Team can do for you:
We can quickly take away the pain and stiffness - often inside a couple of sessions
We can can get to the root cause of your pain so you know what’s really going on - often inside 20 minutes
Pain can “drain” you of energy and a restful deep sleep. We can help you enjoy a great night’s sleep and feel fully rested.
We will will “fix” your problem and make sure your tissues have “healed” properly allowing you to get back to what you love to do without worries. We will give you specific exercises for your individual issues that will speed up your recovery
We can help you to get off of painkillers, which obviously isn’t a good long term solution
We can help you get through the day without having to modify your workouts or favorite activities.
We can help you avoid unnecessary Knee surgery and injections
We can help you keep out of the Doctor’s waiting room
We can help you get back to enjoying quality time with family and friends that Knee pain has stolen from you...
We can help you to finally return to walking up and down the stairs (or the trails) without dull, aching knee pain stopping you in your tracks
Basically… the Physical Therapy Team at KinetikChain Denver can help you get back to living life free from limiting chronic knee pain
If you want to know what it costs - and what availability we have at our Cherry Creek Physical Therapy Clinic then please call (720) 651-0674 or just click here to schedule a time for a free discovery visit.