If you have lower back pain, stiffness or an ache it can be a very annoying and disruptive part of your life. Maybe you have had back pain before and maybe you haven’t. Either way it’s very tempting to think that it’s nothing, that it will go away on its own. Or, you pass it off as just needing to stretch more and do more core exercises, you worked out too hard, or that it’s just a “spasm” or a bit of stiffness that “everyone” starts to suffer from as they get older...
Usually there’s no obvious reason why it happened - but it doesn’t seem to be getting any better!
If this is happening to you, you’re not alone - this is something we hear almost every day. In fact, Lower Back Pain and Sciatica are THE most common problems that we see in our Denver Physical Therapy Clinic in Cherry Creek.
When it comes to living with back pain, there are a couple things that everybody we see wants to know
“What’s Wrong With Me?”...
“Why Am I Still Suffering With Back Pain After Putting Up With It For So Long?
Can I Still Run, Ski, Hike, Workout?
We know how destructive this can be to your family, work, and social lives and how it can disrupt your fitness and health and keep you from your favorite sport or activities.
Most people think that when they develop Back Pain that it will just go away on it’s own. After all you have had pain before and it went away. But before you know it, 6 months has passed and you’re still suffering with back pain! Often it’s even worse than it when it began forcing you to miss out on your favorite activities, making you not fully able to enjoy the things you love, effecting playing with your kids, and disrupting your work.
Does This Sound Like You?
Another thing we here often in our Physical Therapy Clinic is when people go to the Doctors, that the Doctor tells them to rest for a while and try some pain killers.
Rarely is this the best advice and usually 6 weeks later, if they go back because it hasn’t got any better and nothing has changed they are often advised MORE rest and MORE pills. This approach is so frustrating and not only explains the opioid epidemic that many people in pain in America are struggling with, but explains why so many people are still suffering from chronic low back pain and not getting back to doing what they love to do.
Has This Type Of Thing Happened To You?
Don’t know what is causing your pain or why your pain is lasting this long? Well, if you are like most of our patients you have asked your friends, family, and coworkers for advice as well as tried to find information from the internet. Well “Dr. Google” will likely give you so much information it is almost impossible to know what will help. While they are trying to be helpful the advice you have received from others likely seems confusing because you’ve been told a variety of different things, many of which seem to directly conflict with each other. There’s lots of people out there happy to give advice - but it’s hard to know what’s right, what’s wrong, and is the advice even credible?
Maybe you think your back pain was caused by doing something specific- like lifting something heavy, a hard workout, falling skiing, etc..- but likely it was caused by years and years of poor movements that caused strain on the muscles, joints, and ligaments of your back and the EFFECT was pain with lifting, working out, running, skiing, etc...
If you don’t know what you’re doing while trying to help your back it’s like shooting blind archery in the dark. This can be very confusing and frustrating, and because of this, many people end up accepting it with a sigh as ‘just a normal part of life’.
Do You Feel That Way Too?
If You’re Currently Living With Back Pain, Here’s 7 More Reasons Why It Could Be Lasting Longer Than It Should:
1. “Dr. Google” (or WebMD) isn’t a very good Doctor for giving low back pain advice and how to fix it.
2. You went to the Doctor who told you to rest and take painkillers - this masked the pain, but didn’t do anything to get you back to what you want to do.
3. Somebody told you that Back pain was part of getting older, so you thought it was normal and just accepted it
4. You tried other Healthcare Professionals, maybe even a Physical Therapist in the past, but nothing they said or did seemed to help
5. You tried YouTube exercises but they either didn’t do a thing, or made your Back pain worse
6. You thought it would be a good idea to rest because your Back pain was so bad, but this didn’t help and maybe even made it feel even more stiff and tight
7. You decided to get a few “massages” hoping that would fix the pain, but all they did was feel nice and relaxing, and didn’t do anything to fix it long term…
If any of is familiar to you - we would love to help you by inviting you to book a call to talk with one of our physical therapists at our Denver Physical Therapy Clinic in Cherry Creek to find out what can be done to help you. The fact that you’ve tried any or all of these things already is actually a GOOD THING because when you know what doesn’t work - you are closer to finding the thing that does!
Click the link below to book a call with us if you would like to get some sound advice given to you over the phone. The phone call is free and there is no obligation to book any appointments with us after the call is over. Our goal is to help you make the right decision about what to do next for your back pain.
“What Can I Do To Get Rid Of MY Back Pain Quickly?”...
Well, here's 4 things you can do:
1. First off, you need to make a decision about getting help. So many people procrastinate for so long, thinking that Back pain will ‘just go away with time’, but then 6 months down the line they’re still putting up with it, and nothing’s changed… Or it gets worse
2. Next, do the RIGHT exercises - one of the best things to help you ease your Back pain is to do the right series of progressed exercises - the right exercises given to you by a Physical Therapist will help reduce pain, and allow you to move freely again quick - and make sure that the problems don’t come back anytime soon.
3. Avoid sitting and long periods of rest - ever tried to get up from the couch after watching Game of Thrones too long, but you struggle because your back feels so painful and tight? That’s because sitting and resting too long makes your back stiff and tight. It would really help if you were given appropriate strengthening exercises to help you move easier, alongside hands-on treatment, to get you active and healthy as quickly as possible.
4. Ge real, “hands-on” Physical Therapy - Physical Therapy is proven to help people with low-back pain. In fact at KinetikChain Denver it is the most common injury we treat. If your back pain is affecting your job, your ability to keep active, if it threatens spending quality time with family and friends - Physical Therapy can help get you back to living the life you deserve as quickly as possible.
If you would like to know how the team at KinetikChain Denver can help you live with less Back pain - we invite you to start with a completely free, no-obligation, risk free appointment at our Cherry Creek clinic, give us a call (720-651-0674) or book online.
Note: This Free Discovery Session is something that we offer to people who are skeptical about Physical Therapy, unsure of its benefits, or not sure if it is the right choice for them. If that sounds like you, then please start with a free discovery session so that we can work with you to find out what is wrong and what can be done - without any financial risk on your part.
So the next question is:
“How Can Choosing to See a Physical Therapist at KinetikChain Denver Help You Get Rid of Your Back Pain - In The Next Few Days?”
Here’s just a few of the things our Physical Therapy Team can do for you:
We can quickly take away the pain and stiffness - often inside a couple of sessions
We can can get to the root cause of your back pain so you know what’s really going on - often inside 20 minutes
Pain can “drain” you of energy and a restful deep sleep - we can help you enjoy a great night’s sleep so you feel more rested.
We will “fix” your problem and make sure your body is moving properly- and give you the perfect set of pinpointed specific exercises for your issues that will speed up your recovery
We can help you put an end to taking all of those painkillers that can ruin your long-term health
We can help you avoid unnecessary spinal surgery and injections
We can help you keep out of the Doctor’s waiting room or from making repeat visits only to be given more pills!
We can help you get back to enjoying quality time with family and friends that back pain has stolen from you
We can help you get back to the sport or activity you love without modifications or restrictions.
Basically, we can help you get back to living life free from the curse of chronic back pain and get you back to living an active lifestyle with no limitations.
If you want to know what it costs - and what availability we have at our Denver Physical Therapy clinic in Cherry Creek then please call (720-651-0674) or book online.